Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Tim On The Town"

So, as I've mentioned, I never really much wanted to blog. Oh, occasionally, I've had something to "put out there" that I wanted to say. But I've always found a forum for it, when the need has arisen.

Why, then, blog? And what is this blog about?

It's been noted to me that I get out and about a bit around the City and Chicago, my native land. And friends often express that they enjoy how I write. I'm entertaining and intelligent in my manner of expression, they say. "Erudite and articulate" as commentator, I've been called. "One of the things I admire most about you is that you write and express yourself VERY well, even when you are 'ranting,'" said another. Some have asked me to offer a personal review of things I've seen or heard.

Does it sound like I'm bragging? Well, OF COURSE I AM! But, in all humility, I thought it would be worthwhile to share, rather than keep things to myself. It could be fun, afterall. Now, I've finally found an incentive to try it out online.

"And what was that," you dare to inquire?

It's been a busy week. I've discovered something cool, interesting, touching indeed. And I expect to take advantage of additional culture events before the week expires. So, as I wandered upon my stomping grounds downtown last night, Tim pondered what was all around. And a catchy something to call it came to mind: "Tim on the Town"! "That's IT!" I thought, and decided to make it a go. So here I am.

This, then, will be a blog to share my experiences of being "On the Town" in such a great city: Chicago. I'll offer insights and opinions about arts, culture, literature, entertainment, history, music, sports... or just happennings I have enjoyed (or maybe HAVEN'T enjoyed) with life in the big city. Mainly, it's merely my musings about, well, whatever I choose. I may even expose you to certain things around the town (and beyond) that you never knew about. Essentially, I'm inviting you to enjoy with me this journey through life, centered here in the wonderful City of Chicago. Here's hoping you'll tag along!

No comments: